Author Topic: The map as it is now.  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
Re: The map as it is now.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 06:24:43 am »
P.S. Greg, just a random though, out of curiously (not implying anything), but is it possible to run more then one world on the same server at the same time?

There are servers that have portals connected to different regular worlds that each have locked sizes, so Id say yes its possible, and a very easy solution.

What hard drive interface do you use?  ATA, SATA,2,3, SCSI?  I have a few hard drives sitting around that are 40GB+ paperweights.  I would LOVE to donate them to AGOA.  Infact.. I have  60GB (ATA) hard drives I ran in RAID 0 array for a couple years that should work fine still, they just need a wiping, and increasing a partition size is for nubs.  Real computer geeks use new hard drives for that.. expecially because the price.

Off to work, ill check thtat map later.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:56 am »
It's a virtual machine. 8gb of RAM alone would cost $300. Hard drive space is used on a SAN in our datacenter. It's full and can have hard drives added.
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 01:44:41 am »
So, Morgan and I chatted about the map for a bit, and we both agreed that it would that it would be best to start a new map with 1.2

We decided that we would keep some of the best of stuff on the server and just copy paste it over (Morgan and I are willing to do this work). The only thing we would need for this is WorldEdit on the server.

Another quite beneficial mod would be one that allows multiple maps on the same server that players can switch between (it can be done with out this but it would be easier).

We would have everyone tell us what they want to keep (referring mostly to large projects that people have worked for ages on). We can also just allow everyone to do what ever they want with the map (creative?) while Morgan and I would move over the parts we are keeping and faze it into the terrain.

It's a lot of work, but I think it would be worth it.

P.S. We also need a limit on exploring (Ex: no farther then 2,000, or 3,000, in each direction).
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 06:55:57 am »
It being a new map, can you limit its size before creation, or does this require the software you love to hate?

I just want to keep the prison castle, and the underneath (slime farm areas only if they match with slime spawns)

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 01:00:31 pm »
Yea, actually limiting the map would either require a mod (Bukkit, the mod we love to hate), or something like MCEdit, which actually not a bad idea...

As for (Denovin) what we want save, of our own stuff, is the castle area (castle and prison, which would therefore include the farms below), along with the Nether project. We surely do not want to start all that work over.

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »
Yea, actually limiting the map would either require a mod (Bukkit, the mod we love to hate), or something like MCEdit, which actually not a bad idea...

As for (Denovin) what we want save, of our own stuff, is the castle area (castle and prison, which would therefore include the farms below), along with the Nether project. We surely do not want to start all that work over.
Sorry, what I meant was I could do without the sandstone castle, and the igloo.. I can do those over again in a couple hours, and probably better with less errors, since I figured out the intricate issues that needed tweaking.

Offline MrAndy

• Minecraft Admins
  • You must be new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:04 am »
I made that last one in the green box. I made a floating castle out on the water. there's a path by my place in the nether that goes out too it. I'll let you decide if you wanna keep it or not'.

Offline frogman

• Administrator
  • Yes, this is frog
    • View Profile
    • AGOA Game
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 12:02:00 pm »
We'll keep it if you post in the Moving Requests thread that you want it moved.

What's that you say?  There's no Moving Requests thread yet?  Better make one!

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 07:00:23 am »
Someone... )c:

Well.. unless someone decided to expand beyond the discussed 2k?

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 08:28:02 pm »
Someone went out to 4k as well...

I wish people would read the forum.

There are not a lot of things posted on here...