Author Topic: Emergency map fix.  (Read 573 times)

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
Emergency map fix.
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:04:44 pm »
Okay, we had an awful chunk error.

We are rolling back to map to yesterday. And once 1.2 comes out, we are going to switch the map. Hopefully the next map will be more stable. Any ideas?
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
Re: Emergency map fix.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 11:55:07 pm »
After rolling back we found that the errors were still there. Unfortunately we cannot roll back 2 days. I have also been able to narrow down the time the errors occurred down to 3-4am (Feb. 19).

With that and all the other chunk errors on the map, we are almost 100% sure we will be starting a new map for 1.2, but all is not lost (literary, and if approved my Greg and Morgan). We are keeping the best builds we have. My plan is to take all the best things we have and bring them all together into the new AGOA City for 1.2. There is no way it will be ready right as 1.2 comes out, I will probably need a day after that to get everything in (because of new land generation and that sort of stuff). Morgan has also said that he will help with this.

To do this we will need...
1. Bukkit on the current server map to install WorldEdit
2. WorldEdit to get a copy of all the structures we want to keep for the new map. This is a pretty time consuming task, so I therefore want to do this before the update is released.
3. I will need coordinates and a short+ description of what you want us to keep for the new map. Please stink to large projects, and thinks that you are really proud of. No dirt houses will be transferred! I will start a new thread/topic just for this! IF I DO NOT GET YOUR COORDINATES FOR THE THINGS YOU WANT KEPT, ONLY YOU ARE TO BLAME! We will not put up with winning over this.

P.S. I will also say this far ahead of time so people are not surprised when it happens. Map save file for Minecraft are not small (ours is currently over 600MB). When the new map comes out there will be a limit to how far you can explore (I am currently thinking of starting with 2k or 3k in each direction, that being a 4k by 4k area or 6k by 6k area).
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline MrAndy

• Minecraft Admins
  • You must be new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:39 am »
A new map... I just want all my stuff in the new map. I guess I'll be done building until the new map is out.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:55 pm »
Read the new thread Morgan created about buildings that you want moved.

You also do not have to stop building. For one, we have started the process for this, and it will probably be a least 2 or 3 days before we can. We are also thinking of copying buildings straight from the server map as is (so you can work on it until we get to your stuff), excluding RafeSkyler's gigantic lava hall which will be copied over from a previous back-up.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:41:11 pm by Mad Russian »
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.