Author Topic: Mornington Crescent Rules  (Read 904 times)

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
Mornington Crescent Rules
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:22 am »
Please do share.. or atleast post links.  Watching you guys play has not helped.. it only has confused me more.

Offline frogman

• Administrator
  • Yes, this is frog
    • View Profile
    • AGOA Game
Re: Mornington Crescent Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:59:08 am »
It's pretty straightforward... what specifically is confusing you?

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »
there is a map.. and then there is you guys posting about increasing defenses and gaining troops or whatever, and they do no correlate.  I am missing something, please fill me in.

Offline frogman

• Administrator
  • Yes, this is frog
    • View Profile
    • AGOA Game
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »
Well, the moving is straightforward, but you have to look at how many territories you get if you want to know how many troops you get.  The number of switchbacks determines the territories in many cases; two of the moves so far have involved at least two switchbacks so that should be evident.  The function for troops based on territories is a little difficult for newcomers but I think if you watch you can see that it's fairly simple.  Just take the index of each slot that you pass through, divide by the territory you've gained, and then add one extra troop for every ten territories you control at the end of that turn.  Of course, it's not often that ten territories are gained this early in the game, so that should simplify the equation for you a bit.