Author Topic: 1.2  (Read 731 times)

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:04 am »
Okay, we have 1.2 out. I have backed up the old map, and generated a new map. This map is small, and I'm going to do a lot of exploring today, and get it up to speed. Then we are going to take down the map soon, and transfer everything over.  Terrain matching will be the hard part, not copying and pasting.

So here's what were going to do.
  • Explore and expand new map
  • Get players to find a home. Mark where they want their stuff
  • Keep PLAYING! It will take some time, but we will transfer everything
  • Take the server down one night, and transfer everything. This will be a pain, but it will keep most people's stuff.
  • PROFIT

Please keep playing. We will be doing everything we can to get people up to speed. If you have any questions please post, or email me at support@agoasite.com we're working hard to keep people happy.
[/list]
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
Re: 1.2
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:00:17 pm »
Yes, and if you don't tell Morgan and myself what you want saved, it most likely won't be. We currently have a few requests but ot as many as I would think we should have...

You guys can take as much time as you need to choose where you want your stuff. Once again please try yo keep the size (# of chunks) small, as fixing the terrain is going to be a huge pain in the arse :D

It might take a bit before we can move your things over. I want everyone to just go out and have fun like it's a new map. Enjoy the game guys, it's 1.2!!
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »
Warning, you will not be in creative!  Its dark and lonely!  Im gonna try to get some beds at spawn, take one with you if you want to save!

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:35:12 pm »
I am working on creating a little building around the spawn. I will get some beds (if still needed) and supplies for people. It might, however, take a little bit before it will actually be finished.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 09:49:42 pm »
I am thinking of sticking everyone back in survival once we get everything moved over. Now that stuff is built and all.
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 11:30:10 pm »
I will still need creative to finish my huge project in the nether. I think I am also all "built out" for a bit. I might take a break for a bit. If I don't, I will not be starting any of my own project for a while, maybe just public things, like the nether transport system and AGOA City.

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:10:00 am »
I will still need creative to finish my huge project in the nether. I think I am also all "built out" for a bit. I might take a break for a bit. If I don't, I will not be starting any of my own project for a while, maybe just public things, like the nether transport system and AGOA City.

Greg.. keep him in Survival, and maybe turn the difficulty up, let him relearn how to play.  He will appreciate it, like a new game all over again.  No more flying around for you Vadim, and dont lie.. you cant resist playing!

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 11:56:10 am »
Haha, Denovin. I am actually, truly, a bit run out right now. Maybe it's all the things I have to get done, it might just be the stress. Minecraft was usually what I did as a break from the rest of the world. So I might actually decide to take a short break sometimes soon. But when I do get back in the spirit of things, I would work in survival again, and maybe Greg could even put the difficulty on hard, that would be amazing! :D