Author Topic: Minecraft 1.6  (Read 1144 times)

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
Minecraft 1.6
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:22 pm »
As I am sure you are all aware, 1.6 is out and we have suffered some issues in the past. We are rebuilding the server and it should be awesome. Please stick around or start building and help get the server off its feet!

Please let me know if you have any questions.
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
Re: Minecraft 1.6
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:36:50 am »
I'll use this post as a place to update what I've done on the server so far.

And, as always, you can see the map and at http://minecraft.agoasite.com/map/.

Currently, players spawn right on the edge of the desert. If they follow the road from there, they will very quickly reach a desert town. The plan here is to eventually have it so players can use the market stalls (either as server shops or player made shops, or both), as well as own/use the houses in the town as residences (both in the desert town and the desert city).

The map in general has an expansive road system made. It connects the desert town near spawn with the desert capital city (name pending, suggestions?) with 5 villages, 2 pyramids, a rogue town in the making, and a player built town-in-process.

As for things planned.
-The road system will soon also connect with the large island in the spawn (and all it's features), the underwater shrine (name pending as well), and the the soon-to-be-founded AGOA City.
-I also hope, sometimes in the not-to-far future, to once again start a nether transport tunnel system like we had in the past.
-On top of all that, I hope to once again get Wayshrines placed around the map. They will be more out of the way (hidden) then before, have a higher cost to use, and hopefully be a fun feature to have in Vanilla minecraft (these are pure vanilla if you did not know).
-Sometimes in the not-to-far future I will be adding a new, large, building for all to enjoy. It may, or may not be part of the future AGOA City. And, it may or may not be the spawn building in the future. I am not sure yet. I will need feedback from other admins about it (I'll make contact when I need).

If you guys have anything else you want me to connect to the road system let me know. I will do my best to get them done in a timely manner.

Also, if there are any buildings that we have had on previous maps, that you really liked and think are nice enough to be moved over to this map somewhere, let me know. There is a good chance that I can get a hold of it. If we decide that it's a nice enough building, and if I can find a nice placement for it, I will put it on the map for people to explore and enjoy.

Any other question and / or suggestion, as well as objections, are happily welcomed. I wanna hear them. I can't make a server that you guys will fully enjoy, if you don't tell me what you want out of it. 

Happy Mining!
-Premier_Pyrus

EDIT: i is goods with da grammerziz
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:05:56 pm by Mad Russian »
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline AdmiralReesR5

• You must be new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »
It would be great if one of the shops at the market near the spawn was a Stables. Also I was wondering what the currency would be.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »
A stables was among one of the considerations I had. I just do not know how the sale of horses can be done. Maybe just have it sell Horse spawn eggs? That would work, but horses are actually quite common once you get out of the desert on our current map (though not the case on all new 1.6 maps). I have seen a lot during my travels on the map.

The currency will most likely be what it was before, gold ingots. It seems like a good way to go. Gold is quite useless in the game currently. Emeralds could also be used for this, but that limits currency to the admin-set-up shops only since they are so hard to find in the game normally. Gold would allow people to trade with one other without being dependent on the admin shops. If emerald were used for player trading, its rareness would hyper-inflate its value in create mini economies that vary hugely among players.

My only concern is that gold might become over abundant at one point. The only fix I can think is to make admin shops buy goods for around half its selling price at those shops. I might even have to disallow the sale of certain very abundant resources to admin shops. People tend to have tons of chests full of cobble, which would quickly flood the economy with gold, killing the potential for player to player trading.

Still needs work I guess. If anyone has suggestions, let me know.
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.