Author Topic: Minecraft and land claimation  (Read 586 times)

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
Minecraft and land claimation
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »
So there are a few new features being added to Minecraft. If you haven't already seen, we have a new Minecraft map. This is a pretty awesome mat for people to look at and interact and view others. Also is the implementation of WorldGuard. Which allows for areas to be protected. Those areas are on the map as well.

So if you can see, There is the AGOA City, which deny's all users from building or destroying in it. Then there is the AGOA urban growth boundary, which expands and all ways outside of the city. This is pretty much a buffer for the city, so it doesn't look so ugly when new people get on.

One question people have are. What is going to be done in that area? The answer is pretty simple. People can build on it. But wait. You have to be a member to build on it. That is easy too. All an admin has to do is add you to the zone.

The AGOA City zone:
   No PVP
   No Fire, TNT, or Creeper explosions
   Building and destroying is denied by default

AGOA Urban Growth Boundary
   PVP is allowed
   Fire is allowed
   TNT is denied
   Creeper explosions are enabled
   Building is denied by default
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft and land claimation
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:08 am »
The map doesnt allow a very good zoom?  Can this be adjusted?  Also.. some of the borders are wonky, and could be expanded some, you can see where the issue is from the map on some places where it doesnt show.  Can we add to the rules who the admins are, so we know who to irritate into blocking areas for us, as well as what we can do to make it easier for them (as a rule of coarse)?

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28:44 am »
Well there is Greg, and there is me. But try to bother me before you bother Greg. There might be others, but I don't know!

If you need an area claimed, or border modified, place 3 tall towers (dirt is fine) along the outline of your area. This will make it much easier for us to create or modify those borders. Also, is you want us to place all the settings and restrictions for you (ex. allowing or denying mob-spawning, pvp, fire-spread, tnt, ecs.) then ake a look at this list here ---> The list of various settings (flags as their called) that you can have.

Take a look and write down the ones you want. Signs in game listing them would be perfect! You can, of course, set and/or modify all these settings yourself if you are the owner.

So, yea, if you do those two things we will both (admin and player) much happier. Good day!
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 11:52:27 am »
First of all, here have some karma (For posting the WorldGuard flags). Second. I have the map in low res right now. I actually haven't had any complaints. Except for you... :P But yes, my intentions are to render an HD map soon. There is an option, but I put it off because people didn't really seem to notice. The snow blocks are caused by me. The map does this live render thing, but to keep the server load down it only renders a few blocks in your area. But when you use world edit, it gets all confused and doesn't know how much to render. This can be solved by do a new full render. I plan on taking care of it when I render the map in HD.

As for admins. The OP list was removed during the bukkit transition. So the current admins are

gbrewster
premier_pyrus

konnerbraap
higgs
frogman
_Mr_Andy_

Now. Is you can see, only two or three really play. _Mr_Andy_ has seemed to play more lately and has his friends on the server. I made him admin to help repair and manage users that come in.

The borders can be adjusted. I would have to do that though, because I have shell access to the server.

Now I stress.... The issue with zones is simply to stop griefing. It's not intended to make anyone angry. I simply want to protect people and their stuff. I feel like this is the only way to satisfy people. So I am sorry but I hope that it all gets worked out in the end.

Does anybody know who naternot is? I need to get a hold of him, but I am having trouble....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:55:00 am by gbrewster »
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:47:18 pm »
First of all... woo-hoo! Karma!

Second of all... I did notice the low-res image on the map render, but decided not to question it just yet, as you had plenty of work on your hands :D

And finally... I think this WorldGuard thing was a great idea and it will work great! This way griefing won't be a problem. And if you get grief, it's because you did not protect your area. Good stuff.
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.