Author Topic: What have to done in AGOA so far?  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
What have to done in AGOA so far?
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »
Most of us have been playing this server for quite some time. Some from the start, and some came later, but we all have had some fun on here. I would like everyone to post something they have done on the server, what they built, what they saw, what they found, what they like about the server, anything you can think of. Just post it on here.
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
Re: What have to done in AGOA so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »
I like the blocks, I saw lots of them

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:11:31 pm »
I started this thread, so I will start with a short post.

Since the new map was made on the server i:
found myself an epic island out in the middle of nowhere :D
-make a giant wall around it and filled it with dirt to level it out
-made an amazing 6 (main) floor castle
-build/adjusted into a GIANT cave under my castle to use for farming and as a way to get to mines
-Built a small farm animal "storage" biulding, a 2 story house and a windmill along my castle
-invited Denovin to move out with me which was an amazing idea, he is a cool guy :D
-Made a slime farm(s) with Denovin
-Build a piston throne with anti-seating function for anyone but the king (me) :D
-started working on a 3 story Library behind the castle (it is looking great)

Things to do (with Denovin for the most part probably) :D
-Finish Library
-Build a piston powered enchantment room
-Build a Portal room (sort of done atm)
-Build an epic ship wreck for the dock
-Consult Denovin for more ideas of stuff we can build in the future :D
-Build an amazing piston elevator :D
-make a huge obstacle course sort of pyramid :D (think adventure map kind of pyramid)
-build an adjacent speed based obstacle course (thing wipe out)
-build a prison (since castle dungeon is not possible) on one of the small islands
-finish the main island (land part)
-finish the port area

But, seriously, Denovin, thanks for your help, it's really great to finally have someone to work with. The only difference between MP and SP, before you came, was the chat. So, again, you are awesome :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:13:50 pm by Mad Russian »

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:33 am »
Sorry, couldnt resist my first post.. now I look back at it, and its not very encouraging for others to respond, and not something I was trying to do.

When I first joined the server, I stood at spawn asking questions for a bit
Discovered Minecraft has maps like google now, and asked more questions...

Thanks for all the answers everyone, you were helpful, sorry to have had to ask so many questions and maybe gotten some of you killed  (c:

Once I scouted the map, I found a small location to start a base of operations I soon abandoned (600,32 if anyone is interested in taking it over, there are 2 trees started in a farm, and in the building a tunnel going down a ways setup for minecart tracks) as I was invited to join the Mad Russian.  Now.. at first I didnt know he was Mad.. but now Im quite sure.

Anyways..  he invited me to take over any of the nearby islands, and I was a little hesitant at first.. and decided to go with a completely secret cave by making the entrance several blocks underwater.  Just far enough down you cant see it unless looking at it from a level depth.

I then started my room for beginning my new tunnel to bedrock.

At bedrock I started a farm for food, a tree farm as I needed more wood easily, then a bedrock tunnel for resources.  I got turned around and tunneled the wrong way however, as I meant to head South.  Thankfully I only went 100 blocks.

On my route South, I ran into a lot of lava and turned most of it into Obsidian.

I joined with Premier Pyrus (Mad Russian) and

started work on the slime pits, then made a minecart track between the castle and my little place.
I then built an obsidian protected portcullis with obsidian safe room to come (ran out of obsidian, 200 just isnt enough)
Started work on library with Pyrus

Pyrus you forgot the piston elevator eventually, and your throne has anti-seating measures for anyone but the king.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:20:17 pm by Denovin »

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »
There, I added those in, thanks for the reminder.

Also, I had an idea for a very quick elevator sort of thing. I will show you in game if I can get it to work. Should not be that hard honestly.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 11:25:28 pm »
I created the server. You're subject is kind of vauge, so I'll be the first to break it.

I set up this server. (minecraft, website, hosting)

I've had a few websites. AGOA, Hanksbro, Newberryblueberries,  the image affect.
Some have been shut down. shr.agoasite.com
Some have left my hosting service. Some haven't paid....
Some have not been recovered.

I use to host a TF2 server. I still want to, but I haven't had the resources. I'm looking to find someone to host my server.
I use to host a ventrilo server.

AGOA has increased and decreased over time. Losing my hosting location, and having it replaced with a VM server was a plus. I do have decreased resources but increased power crap has made it nice. My servers extend from A data center to my house.

Watching AGOA grow has been awesome. When I started it, I wanted just a few people to join, but it's been something a bit larger. while it remains small I would like more people to join, and play. As long as there are players, I will create AGOA for them. I want it to be hosted around the players not the admins. So this forum is a way for players to voice what they want changed.

I've left out so much, but this should give you a brief overview of everything. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to bed.
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 10:06:40 am »
No, Greg, you are good. Yes, I did mostly intend people to write what they did on the Minecraft server(they can't do much on other AGOA stuff), but I did just simply say AGOA. And you of all people has done the most work in AGOA as a whole. Besides that was a good answer, in my opinion. :D

Offline Skyler

• I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 10:48:37 pm »
First I'll introduce myself (hmm, maybe make a thread for introductions?) I'm Ben, some of you may have known me at CAL. I was in the engineering/manufacturing cohort.

I played on this server when it was an earlier version at first. I made a lot of stuff underground; giant 9x9 shaft with a diving board, farms, tunnels, ect.

I got back on the AGOA server about a week and a half ago when another friend (Katras) got the game.
-I have since worked on a tower (the one with the wooden roof)
-explored a large part of an abandoned mine tunnel system
-explored and started to develop a large system of caverns
-made a large (128 dirt block) wheat farm in part of that cavern system
-working on an identical sugarcane farm next to the wheat
-working on making buildings and roads inside the cavern system
-Made (with the help of Katras and Katan) a canal to make boat travel from my main base to Katras' main operation easier
-and other random little things

Feel free to come check my place out. The main entrance is under the tower, or there's a second entrance from the boat dock at the canal. There's not a lot to look at yet, mostly a huge system of caverns with lots of lava and waterfalls. But someday it will be a sprawling underground city built into the sides of the caverns :D

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 11:32:42 pm »
That last part, about the underground city, sounds like Johnny125's plan :D Although he is actually digging himself a huge area out. Said it was alraedy 5 tall over the entire area.

Also, what are your coordinates? I have visited many people's places, and I'm sure if I have already been to yours lol
Everyone, to some extent, has big underground caverns, towers, and farms :D Of course everyone's place is different (and epic) in their own way :D

Offline Skyler

• I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:01:45 am »
The main entrance to my place is at x:1450 z:90

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:23 am »
Ok, cool, I don't think I have ben there yet. I will pay you a visit next time I'm on :D

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 05:50:49 am »
Now that our piston elevator is on its way.. we decide to throw more ideas at each other (cant remember off the top of my head what we were discussing.. but it was a good idea slotted for the future).  One I thought of this morning...

Piston people mover, a human conveyor belt, or whatever they are called.  Seems moving diagonal is the way to go, and that is just about the perfect angle to move from my base to the castle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoWkD9gPjcw

Gone shall be the days when moving on glitching railroads will be a success, and all shall ride piston people moving devices that glitch and crush you!.. oh wait.. that ight not be a good idea with server lag.. but never the less, we shall see.. we shall see.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »
Haha, that looks fun :D were you thinking of making 2? One there and one back?

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 06:15:18 am »
yes.. or.. we could build a circuit underneath it to go the other direction might work since torches go up, wouldnt need to use all the repeaters again that way either.. it seems simple enough of a design to work out as well.  We shall see.. not in the immediate future, too much to work on already (c:

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 09:54:08 am »
Yea.

But, also, remember, we want to use as least redstone torches as possible since they lag the server, if they are constantly on, it's fine if their mostly off.