Author Topic: Private mod for AGOA.  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
Private mod for AGOA.
« on: September 12, 2012, 11:21:24 am »
I have started making a mod. The current name of the mod is Shards of the Fallen.

I was thinking I could make the mod be only available for AGOA. If you guys think that is a good idea, and like the idea of the mod, we can do that.

Here is what I currently have in mind. Barely anything is even close to being a final thought. I want to hear ALL the ideas!
-There would be nations, each based on one of the following ---> Fire, Water, Earth, Air. I need name ideas for these nations.
-Players would join of those nations. Shards (crystal shards) can be acquired through PvP. Defeating a member of the Fire based nation would wield you a Fire Shard, for example. I don't know how you would get your own nation's crystals. Non OP ideas would be great!
-These shards can be crafted together into the various crystals (Fire Crystal for example, one for each nation)
-These crystals are used to craft a special set of armor (which would have set bonuses, fireproof for the fire set, for example) and tools per nation. But, these items cannot just be simply crafted.
-Special nation items can only be crafted in the elemental shrines (Fire Shrine for example).
-Each nation has a (new) portal to a new dimension (so people can't cheat their way in, plus it's cool!) where you find a large shrine/temple (might even make new blocks just for making these sites very nice looking and unique). This is the only location that the nation special items can be crafted (maybe just make a special workbench, with no crafting recipe, just available in creative, to make that happen).
-More so, you cannot simple enter all these temples, you need a special key.
-Johnny suggested the "Shadow Realm" for these keys. You would need one of every type of shard to be able to enter the portal. Here there would be puzzles and traps (think a bit of adventure map stuff) to the keys. There would also be a some sort of boss available to fight here. You would only be able to get to the boss if you had a full set of any one nations armor. There would be 4 paths to the boss. One with a set of armor from the fire based nation would have to cross through lava and what-not, someone with the set from the water based nation would have an under water maze that cannot be completed with normal breath. Fighting this boss would require at least 3 people. Upon defeating the boss a single item that allows you do bound (keep on death) a nation item (that are so hard to get). I feel like there can be some exploitation going on here. Ideas please!

That is the bulk of main idea I had in mind. I would really appreciate your guy's opinion on this. Leave a comment with any issues you noticed, any new ideas, things you think should just be removed or changed. I wanna ear it all! I wanna make this for our server, for you guys, so tell me what you wanna see!

UPDATE #1

These are all the new items and blocks at this moment. Many more things already in planned and in progress.
The blocks shown in this image are made specifically for the Air Shrine, and are only available in creative mode.
None of these texture are final either(I am also referring to items not show here). Many will be changed. For example, I hate the shards....

Special items also have special name tags.
Example #1
Example #2
Example #3
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:10:23 pm by Mad Russian »
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
Re: Private mod for AGOA.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:42:41 pm »
You can use AGOA games or the forum to show progress if you want.
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »
First I want to know what people thing of this. I also need more ideas. I can keep a log going f you guys want it thought.

Also, one more thing Greg. Can you run normal mods on the server (as Minecraft now only runs in server mode)? Or do I have to make it a Bukkit plugin? I always started making it a standard mod. I looked into making bukkit plugins and it's a pain in the arse :/

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:16 pm »
Uh.... I would rather make it do i don't have to run Bukkit. I don't like it. But then again, I do not know how to install mod in Minecraft without using Bukkit.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:29:51 pm »
I would much rather not make it in bukkit, they have their own API and it's a pain. What makes it even worse is that they change their java commands so often. It makes updating the mod to new versions a freaking pain. ModLoader mods however  only need to be updated to match the changes made by Mojang.

I would imagine that installing ModLoader and mods through it would be same as normal. Dragging and dropping the files into the .jar file. I am also doing my best to not edit any pre-existing java classes to avoid any compatibility issues with anything ever.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:33:10 pm by Mad Russian »

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:38:07 pm »
You see with Linux, it's not drag and drop...

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:10:48 pm »
Oh... Linux 0_0

I suppose I can try compiling the mod straight into the minecraft server .jar file. Honestly, I stink that getting those files in there won't be a problem. What worries me is the possibility of it not working and me having to re-write the mod in the bukkit API.

FIRST UPDATE IS ADDED TO THE FIRST POST.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:52:45 pm by Mad Russian »

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 04:20:46 pm »
What exactly do the mods currently do? I see the color has changed, but what are they going to do exactly? Are you planning on making like a whole adventure thing, or modes or something? I don't know exactly. But I was thinking of running two server side by side to test them out. Keep the old one, but make a new one that runs a whole different Minecraft experience or something.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:18 pm »
Did you read the entire first post, Greg? It is explained there.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »
YOU'RE TELLING ME I HAVE TO READ???????

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:24:16 pm »
Must be a redditor....

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 04:48:59 pm »
YOU'RE TELLING ME I HAVE TO READ???????

We have to read that you dont want to read, even though you read?  I hope you read that I read that you read, and dont want to read, what you already read, and read more then you read already.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 06:18:34 pm »
I READ IT ALREADY!

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 08:47:50 pm »
Denny, here, have some karma!

Offline Denovin

• Minecraft Admins
  • Anáil nathrach orth bhais betha, do cheol déanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 08:58:55 pm »
BTW Vadim.  Sounds like a great idea.  I dont have any suggestions at the moment, Ill have to play test it in order to give further feedback.