Author Topic: Now rolling out nations!  (Read 1069 times)

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
Now rolling out nations!
« on: October 18, 2012, 03:17:47 pm »
Alright, so it is finally here! We are now deploying nations. Before asking for a zone, please take the time to make sure you meet the minimum requirements:

• You must have three or more people to start a nation
  • You must converge with your group to create a leader that will be in charge of the group
  • Your zone size will vary based on how much is built and how large.
  • Anyone within the zone can edit, so make sure you trust them!

It's pretty simple. Get a group of people, and ask for a nation. But keep in mind, if you currently own a zone, that zone will be removed if you move to a nation. This is because we are limiting how many zones people get. So you may pick an area, and even mark it out, but it will be up to the admins to determine the size of the zone. Please post if you have any questions!

References: Info on zones | The idea of nations
I am the admin. That is all.

Offline Mad Russian

• Minecraft Admin
  • Minecraft Admins
    • View Profile
    • Building Projects
Re: Now rolling out nations!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »
I am here to declare the Kingdom of Bolg'karak! Denovin and I are both the owners I will be acting as the leader. Johnny is still a member, and that gives me three. Which actually brings me to a point I want to make. Three player nations are way to small, even for starts. Everyone will just start their own. I think we need to raise that to at least 5.

And while we are talking about nations... here is the sort of nation setup I want to have possible with the Shards of the Fallen mod/plugin.
This here is the setup that I will have with Bolg'karak (gonna be the dwarf nation) when I get it implemented.

Youngblood: - These are players who have just joined, and have not been placed yet. Their primary goal is to perform any tasks required by the higher ranks, as well as to work on their living quarters. These living quarters will be the test of their skill. They will be placed into the upper ranks based on the level of competence they show.
There is a special Youngblood by the rank of Exemplar, who represents the whole on the council

Sentinel: - These members are responsible for protecting the settlements, as well as envoy's on diplomatic missions. When there is no immediate danger they assist the masons with raw labor. They, along with Mason's and Envoy's have direct command over any Youngblood not on a mission from the Arbiters.
They have a special member, whose title is the Archon, and they are placed on the ruling council, and act as the leader for the Sentinels.

Mason: - These are the builders, the masterminds of the nation's projects. They are Youngbloods who have shown a particular aptitude for construction. They have command of Youngbloods, and may ask an Envoy or a Sentinel to assist them, but that request may be denied. They are also given more free reign to build, as they have shown themselves to have a large ammount of common sense.
They have a special member, known as the Architect, who represents them on the ruling council. The Archtitect is also the acting leader of the Mason's as a whole.

Envoy: - These are Youngbloods who have shown themselves to be smooth talkers, and they act as diplomats, and couriers for the nation as a whole. This group will have a large ammount of pressure on it, as they are required to excel, with no exceptions. However, to that end, they will be given a larger ammount of support from the Arbiters than the other groups.
They have a special member known as the Voice of Bolg'karak, who represents the Arbiters, and the nation as a whole wherever they go, and carry with them much greater freedom, as well as responsibility.

Arbiter: - The Arbiter's are the ruling class, assisted by a council formed by the leaders of the normal groups. The arbiter's make major choices regarding the nature of the nation, and all major requests must be cleared through at least 2 of them. They are there to help and guide the nation, as well as to provide guidance. There will only ever be three Arbiters, and currently there are only 2.
There is no special distinction between them, all Arbiters have equal power.
If you need anything Minecraft (server) related. Ask this guy.

Offline gbrewster

• AGOA admin
  • Administrator
  • Black and Yellow
    • View Profile
    • AGOA!
Re: Now rolling out nations!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 11:15:15 am »
I pretty much agree with that three is too small. I had to roll one out yesterday, and I wanted to make sure they had at least three people. I think we have plenty of nations right now, and new people must join a nation or find five others to even obtain a zone. People with current zones will keep their zones. Needless to say I needed to make a nation for flamewolf and other to join in on. Now that that is complete, new people should be getting in on joining  a nation or making friends. If they want their stuff protected, they should form friends and have a nation if they can get enough people.
I am the admin. That is all.